An air fryer uses hot air to cook food with minimal oil. In this way, it’s similar to a convection oven; both devices use hot air instead of oil to prevent foods from sticking and soaking up excess grease. A microwave however, channel heat energy directly to the food particles to heat it super quick.
Breville and Panasonic has combined convection oven with microwave for added functionality and versatility. In this article, we compare Breville Combi Wave vs Panasonic Home Chef to find out the key differences between the two products to make a well-informed buying decision.
Breville Combi Wave vs Panasonic Home Chef Comparison Table
|Features||Breville Combi Wave||Panasonic Home Chef|
|Dimensions||20x20.4x21 Inches||15x15.36x9 Inches|
|Material||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Weight||34 lbs||39 lbs|
|Capacity / Interior||1.1 Cubic Feet||1.2 Cubic Feet|
|150 Square Inch||163 Square Inch|
|Cooking Functions||Microwave, Air Fryer, Toaster Oven||Microwave Oven with Air Fryer, Convection Bake, FlashXpress Broiler|
|Control Panel||Digital display, buttons and Knobs||Digital display, Buttons and Dial|
|Special Features||Element IQ, Fast Combi & Cook, Smart Cook, Smart reheat, Smart defrost||Convection Bake, Inverter Microwave Technology, Genius Sensor Cooking, Air fry, FlashXpress Broiler|
|Warranty||One year warranty||One year warranty|
|User Rating||4.5/5 Star||4.4/5 Star|
|Price||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
Breville Combi Wave Microwave Review
Breville Combo wave is an amazing way to make your kitchen more effective and useful with its 3 in 1 functionality. Crispy or tender, no matter what are you looking for in the dinner, everything comes out so perfect – so delicious. Once you try out Breville combi wave for a week or two, you will be hooked.
Breville combi wave has incredible, sleek and modern design with brushed stainless steel exterior that’s both finger print resistant and smudge free. In terms of dimensions, the product is not the most compact that you can get. It measures 20x20x21 inches approximately and will take a huge chunk of your countertop space. Also, while unpacking we found out that it is quite heavy and weighs about 34 pound which is not something that can easily be moved around. So, make sure you have a dedicated and permanent spot for this big guy.
Here is the list of key features packed in Breville combi wave 3 in 1 multifunctional cooking appliance.
- Breville Combo wave is more than just a microwave, it is also a convection oven and an air fryer which does more than just reheat your pizza leftovers.
- Breville microwave offers following functions in single appliance: Fast combi, From frozen, Air fry, Oven, Microwave & Food menu. Food menu transports you to a full set of meals that you could cook with Breville microwave combi. Here is the full list: Popcorn, hard veggies, soft veggies, rice, bacon, cake, cookies, soften butter, melt chocolate, pizza, nuggets, fries, chicken, meat, and fish. With Breville combi wave, possibilities are endless!
- The ‘Fast Combi’ function lets you combine the speedy cooking mechanism of a microwave oven with the crisping capability of an air fryer to cook delicious meals in a jiffy.
- The ‘From frozen’ cooking function comes in handy when you don’t want to wait for frozen ingredients to unfreeze. Simply add frozen ingredients, set the timer, set the temperature and Combi Wave will do its thing.
- The element IQ smart algorithm directs the power and heat where it is required resulting in uniform and even cooking. It creates an ideal cooking environment inside the cooking chamber and no matter what you throw inside, it will come out perfectly cooked.
- Breville Combi wave’s power smoothing inverter technology eliminates the on/off method and delivers the smooth power when and as required for cooking process. It results in power saving as well as perfect cooking results. Especially, it helps with reheating your favorite pizza leftovers, soup, lasagna and reheat it with precision and perfection.
- Smart Cook / Smart Heat / Smart Defrost: Cook your favorite recipe, heat leftovers, defrost frozen ingredients but in smart way. No more burning, overcooking or undercooking thanks to precision and smart cooking features of Breville Combi Wave. It features 19 built-in smart cooking functions to elevate your cooking.
- A bit more: It’s a unique and amazing feature which comes in handy when you feel you need to cook the ingredients a bit more but the timer runs out. Press ‘A bit more’ button and it gives you another 50 seconds to perfectly cook your recipe.
- Soft door: it is often observed that the microwave oven doors open and shuts with a loud click. However, Breville combi wave has a soft door which opens and closes with a soft sound that doesn’t sound annoying at all. Other beeps and sounds are quite unique and pleasing as well.
- Open the door and you will find a number of amazing functions hidden there. These functions include: favorite, child lock, units, clock, quick start menu, grill, keep warm, melt chocolate, soften butter, popcorn, sounds, vol and mute.
- In terms of accessories, you get Combi crisp pan, trivet and turntable roller, and a quick start guide. All the accessories are super easy to clean.
Best Deals – Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 Oven
- VERSATILITY OF 3 IN 1 APPLIANCE The Combi Wave 3 in 1, combines an Air Fryer, Convection Oven and...
- ELEMENT IQ SYSTEM Smart algorithms steer power to where and when its needed to create the ideal...
- Combines microwave, air fryer and toaster in one
- Premium quality
- Durable stainless-steel construction
- Element IQ technology
- Multiple amazing cooking functions and cooking presets
- Smart cooking
- A number of unique features such as child lock, mute and more
- Bulky and heavy
Panasonic HomeChef Microwave Review
There is no shortage of options when it comes to choosing your next microwave but if you are looking for an upgrade, Panasonic HomeChef 4 in 1 is an incredible choice for its amazing features and out of the roof cooking performance.
Out of the box, it impresses with its stainless steel exterior, boxy design with perfectly curved edges. The control panel is as impressive as its build-quality with smart one push buttons and an easy to use dial. A digital display is there to help navigate through the settings and making things easier. Overall, it will make a great impression and compliment any kitchen counter.
As far as the size of this thing goes, it measures 15x15x9 inches approximately and weighs about 39 pounds which is pretty compact but not really lightweight which is fair because most ovens are not lightweight. With 1.2 cubic feet space, it lets you cook almost anything, overall, it will be a great addition to your household.
Here are a few incredible features that you’ll get to experience with Panasonic HomeChef microwave.
Multifunctional & Versatile:
Some of the most common uses for microwave ovens include reheating food, cooking food, defrosting food, and sanitizing utensils. Additionally, many people also use their microwave ovens to heat up beverages like coffee or tea. While microwave ovens can be used for a variety of tasks, it is important to note that they are not ideal for everything.
Panasonic HomeChef combines the functionality of a countertop microwave, broiler, an air fryer and a convection oven – all in one. You can use each of the function alone or use it in a combination with any other function to achieve amazing results. For instance, Panasonic HomeChef can be used as an air fryer to cook delicious fried foods such as French fries, nuggets, wings and more.
Cooking presets helps eliminating manual time and temperature setting especially for those who aren’t really familiar with the appliance. The Panasonic HomeChef 4 in 1 comes with 20 cooking presets so you really can a lot of options in terms of what this appliance can do.
The control panel is kind of well laid out and easy to follow. There’s a dial, a few buttons with clear labels and a digital display to keep track of what’s cooking and how’s cooking. You can select air fry/broil combo, microwave, convection bake, quick 30, timer/clock, stop/reset and more.
Best Deals – Panasonic HomeChef 4 in 1 Microwave
- The Ultimate All-In-One Multi Oven: It’s a countertop microwave, broiler, airfryer, and convection...
- Healthy Air Fryer Mode: Quickly circulates hot air around food, producing crispy, brown results, no...
- Serves as microwave, convection oven, air fryer and broiler
- Eye-catching design
- Great cooking performance
- Multiple cooking presets
- Durable stainless-steel construction
- Ease of use and cleanup
- Learning curve
Conclusion: Breville Combi Wave Vs Panasonic Home Chef
A multifunctional and versatile cooking appliance not only saves money but valuable kitchen counter space especially when you are already low on kitchen real-estate.
Both ovens pack some incredible cooking functions and offer a unique cooking experience plus, deliver an amazing cooking performance. With all the differences, features and functions stated above, it comes down to your personal preferences that what exactly you are looking for. We hope this detailed comparison could be of assistance in finding you your next oven.
Leave a Comment